Sat, April 16 - Canoe Day at White Rose Canoe (formerly Newbury Kayak and Canoe)

I'll be there. Hoping some of you will also come along to celebrate and learn more about "Canoes - the Other White MeatTM". If you're canoe-curious, I'm hoping to organize some paddles and maybe an overnight canoe trip at some point. Get in touch.

Link to event details: https://fb.me/e/1NbOuzNRl

Celebrate Spring with White Rose Canoe on Saturday, April 16 at our 2nd ‘Canoe Gathering at White Rose Canoe’. There will be demo boats to paddle, some interesting folks to chat with, opportunities to share stories, ask questions, and a raffle or two.
Bring your own boats and gear if you have them, take the opportunity to share your experiences, favorite launch spots, trips, and hear what others have been up to. We’ll also have a “gear” table if you have something you’d like to move along.
If you don’t have a canoe (yet), no worries - the demo fleet will be on the waterfront and we’ll supply paddles and life vests for test paddles. It will be a great opportunity to get your questions answered and meet other canoe enthusiasts
The program (subject to change) includes:
Talks on the waterfront about “Canoeing with Kids” and “Traditional Tripping” that will include displays of kit and demos
A series of “Five Minutes About” quick talks on things like “Picking a canoe”, “Paddle Sizing”, “How to Go Straight”, “Picking It Up and Putting It Down” and “Tying One On”.
Demo boats and paddles on the waterfront to inspect and try out (conditions and weather permitting)
Gear Raffles
The waterfront launch is also available to customers and other paddlers who want to explore the Great Marsh on the Parker, Mill and Little Rivers, as well as experience Plum Island Sound.
Come join us and other canoeists for a great day on the water!

• 2 weeks later...