Kayak Trailers

Sue H.

Hi Everyone,

I am considering buying a kayak trailer that would carry 2 kayaks & a small cargo box.  I am curious what folks experience has been with kayak trailers and any recommendations you may have. 

Thanks, Sue

Hi Sue!

I also have the Malone Microsport and LOVE it!!! I've carried 3 even 4 boats mostly to river and lake paddles. Soooo easy to load and unload! It's super sturdy too! I had two huge trees fall on it and pound it into the ground in our yard 2 years ago. Tree guys dug it out. It's fine!  So I highly recommend. I ordered the parts, laid them out in the driveway put it together myself (took a week but was doable for a first timer.) It has a nice, sturdy cargo box too! However, the big con: now that I'm paddling with NSPN along the coast where parking is a challenge even with boats on the roof, many of the paddles have limited parking so a trailer is often not welcomed. I put my boat on the roof then. Good luck! Let us know what you decide.

Edited by Barbara Ryan
Added