October, Ogunquit, again

Jim Snyder

I'm hoping for the third annual Ogunquit paddle to occur on Saturday, October 23 pending weather and conditions. I spoke with Ray at Ogunquit Visitor Services. After Columbus Day parking is free and the two handicapped accessible bathrooms will now be open all year. Please use this thread as a signup, I'll post more details as we get closer. Trip limited to 10, likely level 3. Here are links to previous trip reports:

Assuming Prudence is in, (she sort of sounded like a maybe) this trip is full. A wait list would be good, as when we get closer, some may drop out. I will start a group pm when we get closer. 

Long range forecasts are available now for the 23rd and if they don't change much the trip will be on! Bob Levine, Nick Pearson and I did a dry run yesterday. The surfing was spectacular!

IMG_3114.thumb.jpg.f17bc39da772e34b7f5ea8d497603a01.jpg

Please reply to the pm for the trip if your availability changes.

If you didn't see it, Dan Foster posted some charts for this venue in a separate thread. Thanks, Dan. I've always been a little frustrated at how little detail there is on the chart in this area, but as you said somewhere, remembering which side of the boat to keep the ocean on will also serve well.

As an aside, I plan to do this trip at least once or twice more if this date didn't work for you. It's really a spectacular place and pretty easy to get to.

[Link to chart downloads: Downloads - NSPN Message Board]

Edited by Dan Foster