Will there be a WLP 9/29?

Joseph Berkovitz

Neither Bob nor I are available to organize the final (scheduled) Wednesday Lunch Paddle of the season. There's no reason someone else can't, of course. But this post at least explains why nothing's happened yet. If someone wants to step up and make it happen, by all means, please do!

Joe and Bob, thank you so much for all the paddles this summer. I joined you at Nahant early in the season after very little paddling the previous year. We didn’t go far, but I was happily exhausted when we got back. I especially appreciated Bob and Mike helping with landing and launching on the rocks for lunch. I also joined at what turned out to be the last Wednesday paddle of the season. We didn’t go that far, but I was again exhausted after a day in some swell, despite a fair amount of paddling this summer. I especially appreciated Bob’s launching a few of us after lunch. That time it felt like a splendid luxury rather than a scary necessity. So some progress along with lots of fun. Thank you!

I’m grateful myself for all the people who came to WLPs and made this season such a good one. Lots of new faces and familiar faces too!

If you have gear for cooler weather, look for occasional postings throughout the fall and winter. We keep going whenever conditions permit  

joe