Jump to content

Isles of Shoals, Thursday 7/15


Jim Snyder
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm starting this new thread for a trip next Thursday but please reference the planning thread at 

Somewhere in the middle you'll find a printable chart courtesy of Joe Berkovitz.

Having done the test run with Jeff Charrette and Prudence Baxter we feel like we have the details figured out enough to post a club trip. Our biggest takeaway from the test run was that our transport boat wasn't well suited for a lot of kayaks so we're limiting this first trip to 6, and if a plastic boat is an option that would be best, as we will be stacking and cramming. Leave your pristine carbon kevlar baby at home if possible.

Boat departs Isles of Shoals Steamship Company https://www.google.com/maps/place/Isles+of+Shoals+Steamship+Company/@43.0807764,-70.7626427,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89e2bf091485040d:0xfd2965e420464c2c!8m2!3d43.0807933!4d-70.7604339 at 8am. We should be there by 7:30. Parking is available there and free. Return leaves Star Island at 5:30. Trip takes about an hour. Cost is $43 which includes the landing fee on Star.

Predicted conditions: 

  • Air high 70's water low 60's.
  • Light winds west shifting towards south
  • Medium period 2' swell

This is not a "led" trip. Routes and decisions will be made by group consensus. It should be considered Level 3 and is not for beginners.

Signup is by my private message only. DO NOT SIGN UP HERE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This trip is full! I will keep a short waitlist but we will definitely go again. Jeff is planning on a weekend trip for those of you who work during the week. Also Kevin Beckwith has said he would like to lead a crossing trip that day. I'll encourage him to post here or you might contact him directly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kevin Beckwith is interested in organizing a crossing on Thursday but is unable to post due to the membership renewal problem that others have had. If you're interested in crossing on Thursday you should contact Kevin directly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Building on the information Jim has already provided, I'm willing to lead a trip on the same day,  leaving Rye Harbor at 7:30am, allowing us to arrive about the same time as the other group.  We would paddle out, explore and paddle back in the same time frame.  Current forecast is SE 5-10 kt with 2-3ft seas.  Would need a minimum of three people and folks should be able to paddle at a sustained 3- 4 knots.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kevin B said:

Building on the information Jim has already provided, I'm willing to lead a trip on the same day,  leaving Rye Harbor at 7:30am, allowing us to arrive about the same time as the other group.  We would paddle out, explore and paddle back in the same time frame.  Current forecast is SE 5-10 kt with 2-3ft seas.  Would need a minimum of three people and folks should be able to paddle at a sustained 3- 4 knots.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  

I am 90% sure I can get caught up to go...Can confirm by Wednesday morning.. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...