Using stirrup in assisted rescue

EEL

Looking for opinions on the use of a stirrup during assisted rescues by those who have practiced/actually used them.  Particularly how the stirrup was used and made.  Not interested in opinions on whether using a stirrup is good or bad.  Just looking for info on how it worked for those who have used it.  I have seen various techniques used even among the BCU types in videos and wondering what has worked for others. 

Thank you

Ed Lawson

I have long arms and used a paddle to float the stirrup under my boat, holding it with my hand away from the rescuee’s boat, then over the rescuee’s boat. You can adjust with your away from rescuee arm by bending or extending elbow. Tricky part is floating the stirrup under your boat.

5 hours ago, Inverseyourself said:

under my boat, holding it with my hand away from the rescuee’s boat, then over the rescuee’s boat.

Andy:

Did you find this made it easier to keep the rescuee's boat level/stable compared to a regular assist rescue or a sirrup just anchored the rescuee's boat?

Ed lawson