New To Sea Kayak Workshop - June 26, 2021

rfolster

Back by popular demand is NSPN's annual (kind of) New To Sea Kayak Workshop to be held at the Gould Barn in Topsfield.  This event is designed to be beneficial to a wide audience, from those who have never paddled any kind of boat, to others who maybe paddle calm locations to white water.  Regardless of your experience, if you are interested in knowing more about sea kayaking, this is a great opportunity.  At the workshop, we will discuss what sea kayaking is about, look at various boats, paddles, other gear, clothing, safety equipment, and more.  It is free and open to the general public - membership is not required, but for those who want to join the club, cost is $15 for 12 months.  Workshop details:

• Date = June 26th, 2021
  • Start Time = 10:00am promptly and will go for about 4-5 hours (lunch will be available)
  • Location = Gould Barn - 1 Howlett St, Topsfield, MA
  • Parking = Please observe designated parking spaces in parking lot or park on nearby streets
  • Registration or Questions = Email NTSKW@NSPN.ORG with your name, and up to three questions you would like answered or topics you would like discussed

2021 NTSKW Flyer.pdf 296.33 kB · 0 downloads

If anyone would like to volunteer to help out with this workshop, please get in touch with me via PM or email ntskw@nspn.org.  Here are some examples:

• Bringing boats, gear, or clothing to be used for examples and demonstrations
  • Presenting one or more topics to the group (we can help first-time demonstrators if you want to try)
  • Participating in break-out question-and-answer sessions (good stepping point for future presenters)
  • Help with setup beforehand & packing up afterwards

I checked in with my daughter, who does social media as part of her business. She said that getting into facebook advertising for this probably isn't worth it but if any of us on facebook comment and/or share it that really broadens exposure. 

I will help with set-up, break down, food provision, bring my Cetus LV, Aries & gear, and participate in break-out sessions.

• rfolster featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...