A Captcha? Really? Why?

Does anyone else find this new Captcha really annoying? There's precious little traffic on this site as it is, so why make it harder for people to access it? I certainly haven't seen an increase in Spam on the site that would warrant this. If this is the plan for the future of this site, I'm done with it.

I have never run into this issue.  On the other hand, Captcha" is like tying your shoes, it takes very little effort and it keeps you from falling into trouble.

On 5/2/2021 at 2:27 PM, Brian Nystrom said:

Does anyone else find this new Captcha really annoying?

I am not aware of any Captcha, so would be very interested to understand where you ran into one.  Please comment here or email membership@nspn.org

I have no idea why I was presented with one, since I've been on this site for over 20 years and I check it every day. It was one of those really annoying ones that requires clicking on pictures with a specific item in them...twice. I was surprised by it, hence my reaction. I haven't seen it since.