Deceptively energetic Salem Bay tour

Inverseyourself

Just a quick report today: Salem Bay was deceptively energetic today. Very sizable ground swell from the SE exploding on the islands, E side Baker, the Gooseberries, Tinkers, The Pigs (very piggish today, and massive seal guards warning me off with tail splashes),  Halfway Rock and House Island.

I circled Halfway twice in the hopes of a falling tide opening up a landing option - not in today’s conditions. The slot on the E side was massive! 

Wind waves resulting from steady southerly winds made for a joyful ride from 1/2WR to Little Misery (with the NE corner with the nasty refracting wave pumping - looking at you Joe B. - more for Bobs than for Andies today) with frequent surfing speeds > 7mph.

Basking in the sun for over an hour on Little Misery, a quick roll in the Misery Gap with my wing paddle (never tried before, always concerned about it, turns out for no reason), then over to House for a fast ride.

Back at shielded West Beach people thinking it was a warm, windless, calm day. Ha!

https://www.relive.cc/view/v1OwNJBZPXv