#9 Lobster Buoy Interclub car-camping Weekend, Sept. 10-12, 2021

gyork

PLEASE DO NOT RSVP ON NSPN CALENDAR UNTIL YOU HAVE SENT YOUR PAYMENT.

Come out and camp/paddle during prime time! Home Base will be Lobster Buoy Campsites in S. Thomaston, Maine, gathered at the Group Site. Arrive Friday, leave Sunday. Paddling options abound: NE to Owls Head, SE to Muscle Ridge, or SW to Port Clyde. These trips are not appropriate for beginners. Minimal skills to participate include wet exit, self and assisted rescue, and previous experience in ocean paddling with conditions of wind up to 15K, waves to 2 feet, and crossings up to 2.0M. BECAUSE OF COVID RULES/RESTRICTIONS/CONSIDERATIONS, USUAL POT-LUCK MEALS NOT HAPPENING. MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING WHEN CONGREGATING (LAUNCH/LAND/CAMPFIRE). PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING ELIGIBILITY FOR THEIR PARTICIPATION, BASED ON MAINE AND PARTICIPANT'S HOME STATE RULES (bolded text as of March, 2021).  This trip will be cross-posted to SMSKN to encourage participation from this collegial group. I will set the limit to 16 FOR THE GROUP SITE ONLY. Your spot will be secured when I receive payment ([$8.50 per person + $5.50 per car]/nite) X 1.09 (tax) via paypal (PREFERRED; gyork at tdsdotnet) or check (private message me). 

If you prefer a private site, contact campground directly, not before mid-May (280 Waterman Beach Rd, South Thomaston, ME 04858 Phone: (207) 594-7546).

PLEASE DO NOT RSVP ON NSPN CALENDAR UNTIL YOU HAVE SENT YOUR PAYMENT.

IN THE EVENT THAT Q20 PROHIBITS THIS TRIP, FULL REFUNDS RETURNED IMMEDIATELY, OR CHOOSE TO DONATE (ANY AMOUNT) TO ELLIE /LOBSTER BUOY CAMPSITES.

IMGP0024.thumb.JPG.49f315e459f39af51d2da8d36846a98a.JPG

Please clarify your paypal ID. I cannot find any variation of "gyork at tdsdotnet." Alternately, please send me your mailing address. Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth, this event is coinciding with NSPN's annual Bar Harbor Retreat, which is traditionally held the wknd after Labor Day.  While it has not yet been posted on the website, I know that many of the NSPN Bar Harbor attendees have already made reservations at Llangolin Inn for that wknd.  So there are two options for paddling to consider the wknd of September 9-13!

Prudence

1 hour ago, gyork said:

My apologies for the oversight.

No problem.  It hadn't yet been posted bc unclear until now that Llangolan - our meeting place - would be open.  It will be.  Peter brady will be posting the MDI retreat later today.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...