Launch site status

Jim Snyder

As I think Prudence suggested I am starting a new thread to share information on launch sites which we used to rely on in the before times. I would like to suggest temporarily pinning this near the top of the trips forum until things get more normal. 

I'll start it out by asking about Tuck's Point in Manchester. I was there a little later than this last year to find it all closed up with boulders blocking the parking areas. I'm wondering if we'll ever get it back. 

I talked with someone at the Seacoast Office who said the gate was open but the lot unplowed. I think Jeff verified this on his way to Goat Island last week. No reservations during the off season apparently.

I drove by Ordiorne last week. The gate is open but the lot was not plowed. There was enough natural snow melt that several cars were in the lot. I'm sure this week's weather will help even more. I do not know if the gate will be staffed and reservations required once the boating season kicks off.

2 hours ago, Jeff Charette said:

I saw more than one MA plate in the Odiorne parking lot yesterday. Since an advance reservation is required to get in I'm assuming it is ok for MA to use NH launch facilities.

Live free or die.  NH allows MA residents and has for some time...  And now MA allows us to return within 24 hrs without quarantining.  Although if fully vaccinated, you're good to go without any further requirements.