Cetus LV fit

dcycleman

Second Jonathan's opinion.  I wanted to like the Cetus LV as I like low volume boats, but I felt constrained in it.  At 5'10", 170# and size 11 feet it just felt uncomfortably small.  Volume wise it is about the same as a Cappella 161 if you believe the P&H numbers, but the 161 seemed roomier as the cockpit and depth are quite different.  If you physically fit well and you camp like a backpacker, then the boat would hold the gear for 3 or 4 night trips quite easily.  It would not dance, but anything under 225# payload is within P&H's weight range for the boat if you believe the numbers. 

Ed Lawson

3 hours ago, jonathanoltz said:

I’m similar height and weight.  I can paddle a Cetus LV but only as a day boat.  At my size the boat is playful but I’m slightly tight in it.  Paddling it with kit would be pushing it too far.  I would suggest a Cetus MV.  

Thanks for the info Jonathan. 

3 hours ago, JanetL said:

I'm 5'7 and paddle other low-ish volume boats (Atlantic LV, regular Avocet) but found both the Cetus LV and Scorpio LV too snug for comfort.

Interesting. thanks

2 hours ago, EEL said:

Second Jonathan's opinion.  I wanted to like the Cetus LV as I like low volume boats, but I felt constrained in it.  At 5'10", 170# and size 11 feet it just felt uncomfortably small.  Volume wise it is about the same as a Cappella 161 if you believe the P&H numbers, but the 161 seemed roomier as the cockpit and depth are quite different.  If you physically fit well and you camp like a backpacker, then the boat would hold the gear for 3 or 4 night trips quite easily.  It would not dance, but anything under 225# payload is within P&H's weight range for the boat if you believe the numbers. 

Ed Lawson

Yeah, I'm asking for a friend of mine. we may be doing a trip together and I have access to a number of boats, just trying to figure out which would be most appropriate for him. I can fit in a cetus LV for a very short time lol.

1 hour ago, mhabich said:

What’s the problem?  Fits me just fine. 

Its a beautiful thing when you have a boat that fits like a glove Mike.