Rhode Island paddle 2/27 or 2/28

Alex Debski

Next weekend is looking quite warm for paddling and I will finally have a kayak down here in Rhode Island. If anyone is interested in paddling, either or both days, comment here!

I am open for anywhere. We will be on fairly big tides that weekend. Best spots are Sakonnet Point or a trip around Newport. Upper bay is also great for Prudence Island or on the West passage to Dutch Island.

Hi, Alex. Free both days and am interested. Prudence Island or Dutch would be my preference, wind and time permitting. Not quite ready for open ocean, especially with big tides. Prudence Island from the boat ramp alongside Oakland Beach brings you onto the top end at Patience Island and Sunday's NW wind favors the crossing. Sunday looks like the best for both sun and wind, although in open water I prefer a 40 degree-plus day. Stay in touch. 

I'd love to join if the trip is Sunday--I'm afraid I can't do Saturday. I'm up for anything--I don't know the area at all.

Unfortunately I may be busy on Sunday and Saturday’s weather looks nasty.

I am also concerned about MA travel restrictions. A launch in Newport or Compton would not be recommended for those traveling back into MA. There are MA launch options in Mt Hope Bay in Swansea however Mass. waterfrontage is limited in that area- we would surely enter RI. 

Might have to scrap this plan

Hi all--given the uncertainty regarding the possibility of Sunday in RI, I'm opting for Dana's paddle from Lane's Cove. Hope that doesn't inconvenience anyone. Hope you can all get out on thee water! 

John