?Halloween sunset/full moon anyone?

eneumeier

Saturday evening, 10/31

Sunset: 5:37 PM

Moonrise: 5:58 PM

Low tide: 6:03 PM

Launch at 4:00 PM from the greasy pole boat ramp or the Rocky Neck parking lot, over the rip rap. Beach briefing and route CAM discussion at 3:30 PM. 

Gloucester Harbor to Brace Cove or Kettle Island. If it is too windy to go outside the harbor, we would stop at Lighthouse Cove, climb up onto Dogbar, walk to the end to watch the moonrise. 

Finish the evening at The Studio on Rocky Neck or Yella on the Water on the boulevard (if they are still open).

Small craft warning obviously cancels this trip. Drysuits required. Costumes optional but encouraged. Be creative with your mask. ?

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

approaching decision time. The weather looks fine; clear, low wind, but COLD.

I'm taking the Bearskin Neck launch possibility off the table because The Studio has closed for the season.

The easiest launch is from Pavillion Beach on the boulevard, AKA the greasy pole.

The moon will be rising at a heading of 73 degrees NE, according to this site:  https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/usa/gloucester. That means the best places to be to see it will be Kettle Island or Brace Cove. Feel free to check my math. :-))

For a shorter route we could launch at Niles Beach.

Sign up on the calendar or let me know if you are interested. It looks like 5 hardy souls as of now.

Liz