Wed lunch paddle on Thurs 9/17

dsigall

After watching the forecast early in the week it was looking like Thurs afternoon would be a good bet. Winds were SW 10-15 kts in the morning but predicted to ease in the afternoon. Doug Cooke & I paddled out of Lane's Cove about 11:30, just before high tide, with the idea of finding some surfable swell. We turned into the wind towards the Annisquam & Coffins beach. Apart from wind chop there didn't seem like much going on but as crossed the channel we could see breaking waves at the east end of Coffins. The wind began to ease right on queue and we found regular sets of 2' rollers with the occasional set of 3'. We spent a couple of hrs in late summer sun surfing, swimming & practicing bracing. In a tender moment Doug confessed love for his new carbon fiber Greenland paddle. Our return was relaxed with the nearly non-existent wind at our backs and a slight push from the ebb. We converged at the cove with another NSPNer and his friend whose names I promptly forgot. (Note to self: build memory palace, eat more fish oil pills, try to stay young). My GPS track looks like a ball of twine after the cat got to it. Nice day. Sorry you couldn't make it Prudence.

Dana

5 hours ago, dsigall said:

After watching the forecast early in the week it was looking like Thurs afternoon would be a good bet. Winds were SW 10-15 kts in the morning but predicted to ease in the afternoon. Doug Cooke & I paddled out of Lane's Cove about 11:30, just before high tide, with the idea of finding some surfable swell. We turned into the wind towards the Annisquam & Coffins beach. Apart from wind chop there didn't seem like much going on but as crossed the channel we could see breaking waves at the east end of Coffins. The wind began to ease right on queue and we found regular sets of 2' rollers with the occasional set of 3'. We spent a couple of hrs in late summer sun surfing, swimming & practicing bracing. In a tender moment Doug confessed love for his new carbon fiber Greenland paddle. Our return was relaxed with the nearly non-existent wind at our backs and a slight push from the ebb. We converged at the cove with another NSPNer and his friend whose names I promptly forgot. (Note to self: build memory palace, eat more fish oil pills, try to stay young). My GPS track looks like a ball of twine after the cat got to it. Nice day. Sorry you couldn't make it Prudence.

Dana

Dana - That was me and My friend Paul that you ran into in Lane's.  Great to meet you and Doug.  Paul njoyed trying out the Paddle too.  Was a very nice day.  Keep me in mind if you are headed out again. 

2 hours ago, Peter Kinch said:

Dana - That was me and My friend Paul that you ran into in Lane's.  Great to meet you and Doug.  Paul njoyed trying out the Paddle too.  Was a very nice day.  Keep me in mind if you are headed out again. 

"Keep me in mind if you are headed out again."

Thanks Peter. I'll do that. What are the current restrictions for launching in Manchester harbor? Is it open to discreet non-residents?

14 hours ago, dsigall said:

"Keep me in mind if you are headed out again."

Thanks Peter. I'll do that. What are the current restrictions for launching in Manchester harbor? Is it open to discreet non-residents?

I think you can park behind town hall in non residents spaces but i think tucks is still confined to resdents only