Wed. Lunch Paddle 26 August

mhabich

Lanes Cove, Pavilion Beach Ipswich, everything in Essex...all closed.  Been to Riverhead a bunch already...

Forecast 16 kt WNW for Wednesday...would be nice to be in shadow of a big rock.

So...I'm thinking Pavilion Beach Gloucester (greasy pole) again...left toward Salt and Milk islands, since we went to Kettle last week.

Will post details soon.  In the meantime, better ideas always welcome.

This week's Wednesday Lunch Paddle is on August 26, 2020. We will meet at 9.00 am at Pavilion Beach, Gloucester (aka the Greasy Pole).

This is a crowded public area.  Wear a mask.  We also employ an online waiver to avoid passing around a physical piece of paper. You must register using the form link below to be sure that you're actually on the paddle.  You could also indicate interest below to let other folks know who's coming.

Location: Pavilion Beach in Gloucester (not Ipswich!): https://goo.gl/maps/YJyzx7w3uiZNYPdJ8

Parking: There is a small free lot on Western Ave (MA route 127) directly on the beach, but for a group of our typical size it will be necessary to drop boats at or near this lot, and then find a parking spot nearby on Western Ave. On a Wednesday morning spots should be easy to find. Beware that there are one or more spots adjacent to the little lot casually marked "Vendors only" and you will receive a hefty ticket if you park there.

Registration: To attend, please register using this form which will also add your information to the float plan:

https://forms.gle/13n5ZQigWFYjN79B7   PM or email me.  Form isn’t working.  

You must be a paid-up NSPN member to join this trip. Your signup information will only be shared with other participants.

Predictions:  WNW wind 11 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.  Small craft advisory through 8 AM Wednesday.  We'll keep watching this and make changes as appropriate.

Gloucester Harbor tides:

Wed   05:49 AM   8.89H
Wed   11:49 AM   0.61L
Wed   6:11 PM   9.81H

When/what: We will meet at 9.00 am and launch as soon as we're ready.  We'll likely head out around Eastern Point and Dog Bar, and hug the coast heading NE.  If we go to Salt Island that's about 12 nm RT.

This trip doesn't have a specific level: we'll determine the route based on who shows up, what people want to do, and what the environment wants to do. All properly equipped members are welcome: please bring boats with rigged deck lines, bulkheads, spray skirts, and dress for immersion. If you're not sure you have a safe vessel, please get in touch with us and ask.

We encourage paddlers to make their own independent decision about their comfort level with conditions at the time of the paddle. Please PM me if you have questions or if you haven’t paddled with me before.

Hope to see you there!