Sea Kayaking Instruction

James Dinardi

Hello all,

I am a new member and new to kayaking.  After a few attempts at practicing some you tube acquired skills, my swimming and self rescues are the only things improving. 

Am wondering if any members offer instruction for two people or if anyone has some recommendations for instruction?

Thanks

James

If you're in Northern New England, John Carmody comes highly recommended: seacliffkayakers.com.  In South New England, Greg Paquin is also widely recommended: kayakwaveology.com

IMHO, there's a lot of novice/wannabe coaches locally, with folks getting a mixed bag of experiences. Some caution in coach-picking is advised.

Edited by josko

I would add Nate Hanson (Maine),  and Todd Johnson-Wright (VT - but travels), Carl Ladd (Southern MA) and Gerry Polinsky (CT).  Instruction is personal journey and you need to have a match between instructor and student. 

I have benefited enormously by just paddling with people and attending the free skill sessions that NSPN and RICKA offer.