Downwinder 8/16

josko

There's room for one on an ambitious (L5) downwind surfing trip in Nantucket sound tomorrow. Please contact me by this evening  if interested. Prior wind-wave surfing experience expected.

Here's my pulse for the first serious downwinder in the V10 (Saturday) . Stayed upright, though.

downwind-pulse.thumb.jpg.34766d9eb2541b4972cf9d868dfc5939.jpgA little more in control today in a Taran:

downwinder-pulse2.thumb.jpg.439dbc3a0a2f45937b1d563a39b25838.jpg

Edited by josko

Nice :) what is your calculated MaxHR? Does your app provide you with a HR zone breakdown as well?  Typically it’s presented as time spent in each zone.  Hey find that the more I train and dial into the downwind the more my sessions look like HIIT workouts, with a large percentage of time spent in the upper work zones and a similar amount of time in the lower recovery zones.

More importantly who joined you?  Member #2 of the South Shore Surfski Center?  :)

Matt

Calculated max HR is 165, so >148 for 90 mins is right up there. Forrest Horton and I are egging each other into downwinders. It's working out great. Agree that downwinders look just like HIIT's. 

Paddle, eat, sleep, fix body, fix boat, repeat... Life doesn't get much better.

Edited by josko