Sunday 8/2, Odiorne

JanetL

A couple of us are going to paddle from Odiorne this Sunday. Wind looks low and a midday high tide should minimize the muck somewhat.  And I don't think there have been any sharks spotted there, yet....  ;)

Meeting at 8:30 at the boat ramp parking lot for a 9am Launch, paddling towards Rye and back. (Lunch on beach, not at the food stand area) - ~10nM. Open to all paddlers with proper equipment (sea kayak/flotation/deck lines) and not expecting a racing pace - this will be a led paddle.

Limit 8 (including me and Steph) -- RSVP via post here and then make your parking reservation ASAP at https://newhampshirestateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/odiorne-point-state-park/r/deDetails.do?contractCode=NH&parkId=270106&siteId=62638. Still open parking last I checked.

I'll have waivers but please bring a pen and a mask for the launch/landing. Thanks!

Hi.  Janet.  I'd love to join you, but right now I am seeing a wind forecast of 15 Knots for Rye, NH, oddly less than 1 ft. waves, so . . . I have a "full set" of deck lines, but want to wait to commit a bit closer to the day.  Really would love to see you and Steph.  I realize I will probably get bumped by someone who can commit, but you know me and my chicken feathers.  With that said I have been out in a few "small craft" warning conditions this year so confidence is high.  The training with Nate last year really helped.  I'll check back on Sat. and confirm if there is still an opening.  Romaine