Maine from the Air

• 1 month later...

I used to fly on the London - Boston route a lot and the view of the Maine coastline on a clear day was the highlight of the journey (and the reason for always choosing a window seat on the right of the plane).  

Hardly surprising, but on a recent trip to Muscle ridge I saw no passenger planes whatsoever, not even any con-trails - Just a few Cessnas taking off from Owl's head.  You have to take the positives from 2020 where you can get them 

Edited by NPearson

55 minutes ago, NPearson said:

I used to fly on the London - Boston route a lot and the view of the Maine coastline on a clear day was the highlight of the journey (and the reason for always choosing a window seat on the right of the plane).  

Hardly surprising, but on a recent trip to Muscle ridge I saw no passenger planes whatsoever, not even any con-trails - Just a few Cessnas taking off from Owl's head.  You have to take the positives from 2020 where you can get them 

A few years back I flew home from India, and was thrilled to fly directly over the coast of Maine on a cloudless, beautiful day. I was able to spot every place I had kayaked and camped all along the way home. A great re-entry.