Gothic Mansion on Water

Ken

I know someone looking for a place that fits the description below.  What's killing me is I know of paddled by some place that fits this description but can't place it.  Ideas?

I am looking for an old, preferably Gothic, mansion on the coast - like, right on the water. Preferably on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Should be dated looking rather than modern-looking. Think late 1800s in appearance. The creepier, the better.

Ken 

there is a house in Kennebunkport that I was told was used as an opening for an old soap opera. I can’t remember the name. It’s on Ocean Avenue. It sits right over the water on a jagged rocky outcrop. As you go along the drive it is the only house on the water side of the road that is readily visible before you get to the Bus compound. It fits your description exactly

jane

4 hours ago, Ken said:

I know someone looking for a place that fits the description below.  What's killing me is I know of paddled by some place that fits this description but can't place it.  Ideas?

I am looking for an old, preferably Gothic, mansion on the coast - like, right on the water. Preferably on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Should be dated looking rather than modern-looking. Think late 1800s in appearance. The creepier, the better.

Um....why?

The original Dark Shadows soap opera on TV in the 60s used a building at Salve Regina college down in Newport RI as the Collinwood mansion.

Someone is looking for a place to do some sort of film project.  This was one suggestion -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsehead–Marbella

-K

19 hours ago, JaneC said:

Ken 

there is a house in Kennebunkport that I was told was used as an opening for an old soap opera. I can’t remember the name. It’s on Ocean Avenue. It sits right over the water on a jagged rocky outcrop. As you go along the drive it is the only house on the water side of the road that is readily visible before you get to the Bus compound. It fits your description exactly

jane

Jane, Walker estate? lol