Marine Weather Forecasting Webinars from the Boston National Weather Service

Full details here: https://www.weather.gov/box/webinars

Upcoming Webinars:

Date                                 Event                            Registration

Tuesday, June 23 (7 PM)           Weather 101                                        Register Here 

Learn basic concepts of meteorology. Geared toward "beginners"

Thursday, July 2 (7 PM)             Marine Forecasting (for boaters & others)    Register Here 

Basic forecasting for boaters (wind and waves, storms, "rules of thumb"

Tuesday, July 7 (7 PM)           Severe Weather 101                               Register Here 

Learn basic concepts of meteorology. Geared toward "beginners"

(All webinars will be recorded and posted on our YouTube page)

Topics for Future Webinars (Dates To Be Determined):

- Weather 202 (More in-depth meteorology concepts but not too technical)

- Severe Weather 101 (Learn basic concepts of severe weather)

- Severe Weather 202 (Forecasting severe weather. More in-depth but not too technical)

- Radar Interpretation 101 (Learn basic concepts of interpreting radar data) 

- Southern New England Tornadoes

- Tropical Weather 101 (Learn basic concepts about hurricanes)

- Climate 101 (Learn basic concepts about the climatology of southern New England)

- Winter Weather 101 (Learn basic concepts about winter storms and different precipitation types)

- Memorable Southern New England Storms

- Navigating Our Website (How to find what you need)

- NWS Hazard Simplification 

Thanks Dan !  Unfortunately I was not available last night for basic weather, but likely a repeat of other workshops.  I plan to register for some of the others and I passed this info on to my brother, who recently bought a fancy power boat.  Needless to say he does not drive a hybrid car !

I also found it really helpful, and it was great to be able to ask questions directly to the guys who create our local weather. I'll try to post the YouTube versions once they get the recordings online. Here's a screenshot I took so I could go back and learn more about how winds spiral into and out of low and high pressure areas.

weather-1-spiral.thumb.png.fced42c2ae0e7ed77cd271f3a9b03ce4.png