Odiorne Sat 6/27 Date is Final!

prudenceb

Odiorne Sat 6/27  OR Sun 6/28

Weather and conditions depending, I'm hoping to post a paddle for next wknd out of Odiorne.  As many folks know, reservations for parking are now required.  If trip does go forward, I'll post a link to where that has to be done.  In the meantime, I'd like to gauge interest.  Max group size of 8.  If you are interested, pls post here, with preference for which day.  All else equal I'll go with preference of majority, but weather may dictate.  (For example, long range forecast - I know, virtually useless - calls for showers Sat and possible tstorms Sun, in which case Sat would win.)  Usual boat requirements: bulkheads, deck lines, spray skirts and clothing appropriate to still-chilly water.  Social distancing at all times with masks at launch and landing required.

(If anyone is wondering why a guest is being allowed to post a paddle, I'm NOT a guest...I'm a paid member.  Pay pal automatic payments and NSPN are apparently not playing well together these days...)

Prudence

10 minutes ago, eburgess said:

I am interested.  I would suggest picking a day as early as possible as weekend reservations fill up very quickly at the state parks.

Thanks, Liz, will do!  Other option for many folks would be Friday.  I see there are still close to 300 spots open for Fri and Sat, and more for Sunday.  But I'll keep daily track.  If numbers plummet over next few days, I'll post here and decision may be made without group vote.

Trip is now FULL (and maybe a bit overloaded, which is ok).  The following are on the list.  Some are ok with any day - Fri,,Sat, Sun, others wknd only,,and in one case Friday only.  We'll get that sorted out in next several days.  Then we'll see where things stand.

Janet Lorang, Phil Allen, Lorrie Allen, Liz Burgess, Joe Berkovitz, Al Coons, Jane Cobb, Mike Habich, Bill Harter and me.

if others are interested, I'll keep a waiting list.  Because of scheduling vagueries at this point, spot(s) likely to open.

Waiting list:  Jim Snyder, Terese Pawletko, Nancy Hill, Sue H

Prudence

Hi Prudence,

I see you have a full group, but if anyone drops out, let me know.  Right now I can do Friday, Saturday or Sunday.  Also, who do we contact to reserve a parking space?

Best, Sue

3 hours ago, Sue H. said:

Hi Prudence,

I see you have a full group, but if anyone drops out, let me know.  Right now I can do Friday, Saturday or Sunday.  Also, who do we contact to reserve a parking space?

Best, Sue

On the list.  Will make day decision tmrw and post link for reservations.

DATE IS SET FOR ODIORNE THIS WEEKEND!  

OK everyone, Saturday the 27 is the day.  Long range weather looks good and parking reservations are getting eaten up.  The following have indicated that they are good with Saturday:

Janet Lorang, Liz Burgess, Lorrie Allen, Phil Allen, Jane Cobb, Mike Habich, Joe Berkovitz and me.

Waiting list:  Terese Pawletko, Sue Hrciga.  

I would recommend folks make reservations NOW.

https://newhampshirestateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/odiorne-point-state-park/r/deDetails.do?contractCode=NH&parkId=270106

If anyone doesn't want to go, please let me know ASAP so those who would won't get shut out.

2 minutes ago, JaneC said:

That was an ordeal. If you have ever made a reservation through ReserveAmerica you have an account and you have to use it to get your reservation. 

A short ordeal.  Took me about three minutes!