Wed. Lunch Paddle #2: 6/3/2020

Joseph Berkovitz

NSPN Wednesday Lunch Paddle #2 of 2020 will take place on June 3. Try as I might to introduce some kind of unexpected twist to these paddles, June 3 seems to be once again a Wednesday.

Covid-19 paddling: on this trip we will strictly observe social distancing and MA state recreational boating guidelines for the pandemic. You must be a MA state resident to participate. There is a strict limit of 10 paddlers on the trip. If you do not pre-register using the form link below, you are not on the trip!

We will stay at least 6 feet apart, use gloves and/or hand sanitizer when helping carry boats, mininize sharing docks and ramps with others, and wear face masks while off the water in public use areas. We will also employ an online waiver to avoid passing around a physical piece of paper.

Registration: You must sign up by completing the following online waiver and registration form (which will also serve as a float plan):

https://forms.gle/5zvtMBWTzVLPs9dH8

You must be an NSPN member to join this trip. Your information will not be shared publicly. Only the organizers and other participants will know you are coming. 

https://goo.gl/maps/p6cWChiSE88bCkrCA

Predictions:  Light/variable winds becoming W 10 kt by afternoon; drizzle/overcast; air 55-60 F; water 55 F; light long period swell.

Salem Harbor Tides:

2020/06/03 Wed 09:48 AM 9.60 H
2020/06/03 Wed 3:48 PM -0.31 L

When/what: We will launch at 10.30 sharp. Then we'll have a beach briefing in some safe manner, possibly on the water to avoid cramped quarters, make a plan together based on what people feel like doing.

This trip doesn't have a specific level: we'll determine the route based on who shows up, what people want to do, and what the environment wants to do. All properly equipped members are welcome: please bring boats with rigged deck lines, bulkheads, spray skirts, and dress for immersion.

NOTE: The Wednesday Lunch Paddles are cooperative adventures, not guided trips. Each participant is responsible for her/his own safety.Don’t assume the trip initiators are smarter, stronger, better at rough water, more attractive, or more skilled paddlers than you are. For more information, see this description of our trip philosophy from the NSPN web site. 

Unlike last year, registration is required in advance to enforce the Covid-19 group size limit of 10 people. However we encourage paddlers to make their own independent decision about their comfort level with conditions at the time of the paddle. Please PM me if you have questions or if you haven’t paddled with me or Bob before.

Looking forward to seeing you there! 

Edited by Joseph Berkovitz

I also signed up and received an email confirmation on the google form.