Message From MITA re Old Quarry

• 1 month later...

My understanding is NH and VT residents do not have to quarantine for vacations in Maine. They have not changed the flashing highway signs to reflect the states decree yet.

12 hours ago, Joseph Berkovitz said:

Now if we can only figure out the quarantine situation...

This was released ~early June, basically saying Out of Staters, may enter after July 1, if they have a recent negative test.

PortPressHerld.png.aa94b539b37a3937a6c2704d406653f4.png

Yeah I'm aware of the VT/NH situation. Visitors to other states either are required to get a test more than 72 hours prior to arrival, or less than 72 hours prior to arrival depending on which document you read. Prudence recently called the Maine CDC to get clarification and they acknowledged that conflicting statements have been made but the person she spoke to claim that the answer is more than... which is weird, but that's what they said. Makes no sense to me.

6 hours ago, Joseph Berkovitz said:

Yeah I'm aware of the VT/NH situation. Visitors to other states either are required to get a test more than 72 hours prior to arrival, or less than 72 hours prior to arrival depending on which document you read. Prudence recently called the Maine CDC to get clarification and they acknowledged that conflicting statements have been made but the person she spoke to claim that the answer is more than... which is weird, but that's what they said. Makes no sense to me.

The form that out of state visitors are required to sign if they stay at hotel or rent a house or go to a campground I assume says clearly that someone has to have a test negative for covid 19 on a specimen taken no later than 72 hours before arrival in Maine.  Go figure.

IMG_0154.thumb.jpeg.fa1b52a1d9ec709f4585a7fa0097496e.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we’re just back from a weekend at old quarry (we’re NH residents!) and I have some rather good news to report. 

Old quarry campground is open this year and will remain open for the foreseeable.

A young entrepreneur (Eric), getting bored during the stay at home weeks earlier this year hatched a plan to run and manage the campground for the current owners.  In a deal where the campground stays open, Eric gets a salary and Bill gets a retirement income.  Win-win-win.  
I can report that it is still every bit as well appointed, well run and kayaker-friendly as ever whilst being very respectful of all COVID-19 requirements such as cleaning schedules and mask wearing.  

25 minutes ago, NPearson said:

Well, we’re just back from a weekend at old quarry (we’re NH residents!) and I have some rather good news to report. 

Old quarry campground is open this year and will remain open for the foreseeable.

A young entrepreneur (Eric), getting bored during the stay at home weeks earlier this year hatched a plan to run and manage the campground for the current owners.  In a deal where the campground stays open, Eric gets a salary and Bill gets a retirement income.  Win-win-win.  
I can report that it is still every bit as well appointed, well run and kayaker-friendly as ever whilst being very respectful of all COVID-19 requirements such as cleaning schedules and mask wearing.  

Great news!