NSPN Message Board
Nancy Hill

Rockpool Taran 18 for sale - Price reduced

In excellent condition, except for a few scuffs from a couple of rocks - not very noticeable and one spot with some local gell coat crazing. This is the newer version of the Taran 18 so it has a day hatch and the new seat (the original didn't have a day hatch - what were they thinking?). This Taran was customized to include a rechargeable electric bilge pump and a port to attach a hose for drinking water (allows bladder to be stored in day hatch). The electric bilge pump was designed by my husband and was so successful that Rockpool offers it as an option (if you know to ask).  This kayak is a dream to paddle, especially downwind, as it easily catches waves and swells. It's very fast and excels in rough water. It rolls like a dream, too. My husband can easily do most of the Greenland rolls in this kayak.

I couldn't find another used Taran 18 for sale in the US. You could custom order one from Wales and wait forever and pay a bunch more. This one is available right now and for a good price. List price on the kayak is $4,600, without the electric pump and water port. I do not know what Rockpool charges for the pump add-on, but the cost of parts come to a little over $300.  Asking price for this kayak has been reduced to $2,800 due to the local gell coat crazing that I just noticed this week. It is only cosmetic and does not need repair. This new price is a savings of about $2,200 compared to the cost of a new Taran 18 with pump and water port.

If you are seriously interested, please get in touch with me.  The kayak is located in Westborough, MA.   - Nancy Hill

P4170362 (2).JPG

P4222810_(2).JPG

taran18.jpg

Vick, I sent you an email. The reason I didn't get a message through NSPN is that I was listed as a guest, even though my dues were paid. There seems to be some sort of glitch in the system. I think it has been fixed. - Nancy

Wow what a nice boat! I still remember trying it out (before it was for sale!) Someone will get lucky...