Valley Argonaut (Aquanaut HV) $1,500 OBO

Halcyon is a 2004 Valley Argonaut. The Argonaut mold was modified to become the now discontinued Aquanaut HV.

This is a great expedition boat for larger paddlers.

I am the original owner and used this boat for a 3 month expedition in Alaska in 2006. Since then it has seen maybe 20 days and has been stored inside and unused since 2007.

I am 6’ 180 lbs and was 250lbs when I was paddling this boat in AK (with a dry suit and layers). It is definitely a boat made for larger paddlers.   I'm selling because I don't fit anymore and don't need a boat with this much storage anymore (and haven't for a long time).

It is absolutely enormous and can hold a ludicrous amount of gear, including 4 bear cans (brown bears in AK).

She is also as seaworthy as she is enormous. I have paddled this boat is 15-20 foot pacific swell fully loaded in 30kts of wind and had not a single worry.

She is FAST and seaworthy.

She has scratches one would associate w expedition use, and one gelcoat repair but is absolutely watertight save for a small leak through the skeg-slider housing into the dayhatch (I just can't seem to fix it.) that leaks maybe a liter a day in rough paddling.

• 17’10” long
  • New skeg cable, slider, and housing 2019
  • New keel strip (has always had a keel strip) 2019
  • All new hatch covers 2019
  • New reflective deck lines, handles and bungee 2019
  • Cleaned, polished, and waxed 2019
  • ALWAYS stored inside
  • Custom foam backrest

Reasonable offers and barter will always be considered.

pics here: