? Any interest in Sunday 2/23 Paddle North Shore?

prudenceb

Weather forecast for Sunday looks pretty nice at this point.  Sunny, calmish seas, not much wind, unseasonably warm.  Just sounding out whether anyone has interest in getting out on the water that day.  I know some folks are signed up for pool session, but the weather calls for being outdoors.  I am thinking of North Shore - possibly Lanes Cove to Rockport.  Or West Beach if seaweed under control.  Please post interest here.  Boats with bulkheads and paddlers in dry suits sith spray skirts mandatory.  If you are interested but we've never paddled together,  please PM me.  Firm decision will be made by Saturday.

Prudence

Yes, very interested (repeating here for visibility).  Wind FC is still iffy but all the models show <= 10 kt W. Swell forecast around 1.5 ft @ 11 s which will be lovely.

Another random idea – and I'm OK with anything you decide – is launch from Good Harbor Beach or Niles Beach in Gloucester and paddle the outside of Eastern Point. This area has nice lee from west winds, is really stunning, and is hard to access in the summer due to lack of parking.

Looks as though we have sufficient interest to proceed!  I'll post details on Saturday.  We'll likely be following Joe's suggestion and doing a Gloucester paddle.  A few people have to be off water by 3 pm so that will set one parameter.

Again, if you're interested but I've never paddled with you, pls PM me.

Prudence 

I'd be in...

Currently less wind predicted both at Nahant and north of Hampton. Not trying to hijack (again Prudence), I'll go wherever. 

Edited by Jim Snyder
ad text

Glad to see all this enthusiasm for a February paddle!  I will send out group PM on Saturday morning to all who have expressed interest that will will give launch time and location.  

This paddle will focus on enjoying the beauty of the area and being out with each other on a sunny winter day.  Oh, and possibly finding a nice ledge to jump off of into the water.  We have at least known three ledge-jumpers so far expressing interest in the trip!   We will not be doing mega miles nor will we spend the whole day rock hopping.  This will be a mellow trip that will combine a journey with some rock play.  We will be off the water by 3 pm.

Prudence

Edited by prudenceb