New Year's Day 2020

rfolster

What has started out as just something to do has, as with many other NSPN events, become a tradition!  Weather looks like it might be (relatively!) favorable to hold a New Year's Day paddle along the North Shore somewhere to be decided based upon experience & desire of attendees and weather conditions.  This will probably be a journey-style trip (as opposed to a surf or rock play event) somewhere in the 10+/- nautical mile range, and all who have the proper clothing (drysuits & insulation, gloves or poggies, hat or hood, etc.) are welcome to join.  If you have not paddled in cold water before and are interested, please post questions here or contact me privately, otherwise post interest here and we will continue to discuss once weather forecast becomes available. 

I’d like my post of the Lake George New Year’s Day paddle returned to Trips/Events. 

My wife has some Facebook friends who call themselves: The Adirondack Pirates. The paddle will be messaged through Facebook by her. On the other hand I am a member of the NSPN and would like my New Year’s day paddle posted here for all NSPN member to view. I received you e-mail pertaining to this event, but do not agree with the switch out of the Trips/Event section since once again I am a paying member of this group.

Yay!  Yes!  And the other tradition is that if conditions are not favorable for a paddle, we meet for lunch on New Year's Day instead.  So those who want to do something, plan to do it with us - either on water or off.

If weather conditions are favorable for it, I'll put in an early vote for launching from West Beach in Beverly.  Nice options - islands or along the rocky coast - and easy parking.  And hopefully we have Mike to give advance warning about whether the dread seaweed will allow us entrance to the water or not!

Would love to join, but am temporarily without a vehicle capable of transporting a boat. Any chance someone would be willing to let me paddle one of their boats for the day? 

Thanks for considering. 

John

17 hours ago, John said:

Would love to join, but am temporarily without a vehicle capable of transporting a boat. Any chance someone would be willing to let me paddle one of their boats for the day?

I can bring a boat for you, John.  PM or email me and we can figure out what will fit you best.