Ogunquit

Jim Snyder

I might actually try to make this. Could someone let me know:

Is there a decent place for breakfast/pre-paddle meetup  nearby?

Given the type of trip you have in mind, am I better off in a Taran or Romany Surf?

Edited by josko

Can't help you with breakfast but can you go wrong with a Surf? By the way although the MSW forecast has remained steady for tomorrow, the offshore buoy is reporting an 8' primary. As they say in politics lately, we'll see what happens...

I saw those pictures and the map and was really hoping to make it.  Looks like a great day paddle in a scenic and fun (rocks) spot  but unfortunately I pulled some muscles in my back and don't think it's a good idea to attend.  I'd hate to get five miles down coast and be in pain trying to get back.  

Write up a trip report and hopefully if the plan works great it will be done again and I can try to make it next time.

-Ken

Ken- give it a try, we'll take turns towing you ;)

Josko and Andy, glad to have you! The guy from visitor services that called me back about parking said it's a shorter walk at low tide to launch in the river than the ocean. We'll aim to meet at 9:30.

Janet- I start with the .pdf versions of NOAA charts, this is from 13286 which unfortunately is fairly large scale but I don't think anything else covers that section. I copy a section of the chart into a publisher like program then make sure to grab the scale while I'm still in the same enlargement. I paste the scale and compass rose where they'll be out of the way and save as a .pdf. I'd be happy to walk you through it by phone. I've been having Staples print and laminate but I'm experimenting with printing myself on waterproof paper. I'll show you.

New roster:

Me, Janet, Prudence, Paul, Andy, Josko, maybe Ken.

Edited by Jim Snyder
add text