Price Drop: Valley Argonaut (Aquanaut HV) $1,000 OBO

Jeff Frigon

Apologies for the previous incomplete post...  

Halcyon is a 2004 Valley Argonaut.

17'10" long and 22.5' wide

The Argonaut eventually became the (now discontinued) Aquanaut HV.   

This is a serious expedition boat for larger paddlers. I am the original owner.  Purchased in 2005 and used for a 3 month expedition in Alaska in 2006.

Since then it has seen maybe a dozen days on the water and has been stored inside and unused since 2007.

I am 6’ 190 lbs and was 250 when I was paddling this boat in AK (plus a dry suit and layers). It is definitely a boat made for larger paddlers.  I have a size  11.5 foot and paddle in XTra Tuffs... lots of room there.

It is absolutely enormous and can hold a ludicrous amount of gear, including 4 plastic bear cans (brown bears in AK). We were 3 weeks between resupplies and had no problem with space (though I used ALL of it).

She is also as seaworthy as she is voluminous. I have paddled this boat in 15-20 foot pacific swell fully loaded in 25kts of wind and found her stable, predictable, and fast.  She doesn't turn on a dime but isn't made to.  She tracks true and although the skeg isn't necessary in calm conditions, it works a treat in rough water.

I am selling Halcyon because it is time.  She deserves to be on the water, I have lost 60 lbs and don't fit as well as I once did in the cockpit,  and I just don't need a boat this big anymore for the paddling I do. 

THE GOOD:

• New skeg cable, slider, and slider-housing (May, 2019)
  • New keel strip (has always had a FG keel strip. this one is a Keeleasy) (May, 2019)
  • All new hatch covers (May, 2019)
  • New reflective deck lines and bungee  (May, 2019)
  • Custom foam backrest (removable)
  • Compounded and waxed and ready for sale (May 2019) 

THE BAD:

• Standard hull scratching from expedition (fully loaded) launches and landings
  • Standard deck scratches from paddle stowage
  • One Gelcoat repair from minor rock damage (no FG damage)

I am in Rye, NH and can show the boat most evenings and am willing to do a demo for serious inquiries only.  

Thanks for looking and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best-

Jeff

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008 (2).JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG