Good simple PFD for women?

rpg51

My wife needs a new PFD for sea kayaking and canoeing. She is not interested in tons of pockets etc.  She does not carry a lot of gear.  One or two pockets is sufficient.  She just wants something well made, and comfortable.

That orbit looks nice. I'm not sure my wife would like it, but I'm intrigued.  Worth considering for sure.

It would be nice to hear from a few paddlers of the female persuasion.

I picked up a used Stohlquist pfd for $20 at an REI garage sale, older version of the women's Cruiser. Pocket on each side, clean and simple. Fits great, holds a granola bar and camera, more if you want to carry more. I've used it for about 5 years now, completely satisfied. I suggest sending her out to try on a bunch, pick the one that fits best. 

Cathy has worn the MsFit Tour since we started paddling and loves it.  Kittery Trading Post has a good selection for sampling.  Don’t worry about getting “so many” pockets, but concentrate on fit. If it happens to have more pockets than she wants, just don’t use them. An extra pocket or two wouldn’t hurt. 

Astral Designs 25% Authorized Savings runs till Sept. 2nd.

Astral Abba or Norge with the Kapok front panels makes them super confirmative to various curvatures.

If taller torso'd and more endowed then the Layla is the multi hinged contour hugging dependent of Phil Curry's Lotus Lola.

Both pockets for basic needs and a lot of other features often tastefully incorporated into the design.  (tow belt loops, whistle/folding knife clip pocket, daisy chains for lights, etc)

A quality option to Kokatat.

Current stock at www.the-river-connection.us

I use a women's NRS Siren PFD now. I really like it's simplicity and comfort, no zipper, and it's easy to adjust (including shoulder/height adjustment) and non-restrictive for paddling.  It does seem well made. Has useful pocket accessed from both sides. Only complaint is knife attachment is in awkward position. After having old Lotus Designs Lola for many, many years, I tried the new one and it wasn't the same, much stiffer and fit was off.

I have a Womens Large MsFit which is brand new with tags - selling it for $85.  Got an identical one through work so selling this one. 

Also a Men medium with only a few paddles on in it.   Keeping one or the other.

It is a great vest but I don't need three.

email me at mbpaddler@gmail.com if there is interest