Anyone want to paddle Saturday 7/13?

prudenceb

I’d suggest Lanes Cove but know folks went out of there on the Wednesday lunch paddle.  Would it be a bore to go there again?  I’d like to do N Shore to minimize driving time. (And wish Icwere fast enough for Josko’s Saturday marathon but, alas, I’m not!)

Please weigh in with thoughts.  

Prudence

Julie and I would definitely be interested in this paddle.   Though I see the blackburn is going on at same time.  The race looks to have a staggered start according to race schedule.  Possibly an early start would avoid most of the racers?  Other ideas?  Conditions look to be very favorable for a paddle in that area.

Great.  Anyone wanting to join pls either post here or send me PM.  We’ll do float plan info at launch.  I would recommend being at Lanes Cove (Douley St side preferentially) by 8 am. We will plan to hug shoreline to extent we can to stay away from racers, who will be doing point to points across any bays or inlets.  We’ll do turnaround at Rockport Harbor (where we can stop for early lunch). 

6 hours ago, prudenceb said:

I’d suggest Lanes Cove but know folks went out of there on the Wednesday lunch paddle.  Would it be a bore to go there again?  I’d like to do N Shore to minimize driving time. (And wish Icwere fast enough for Josko’s Saturday marathon but, alas, I’m not!)

Please weigh in with thoughts.  

Prudence

You're plenty fast, Pru.  The idea is NOT to 'race and devil take the hindmost'.  And we can do something a lot less ambitious than 'all the way'. 

Yesterday's paddle was particularly beautiful. I am very interested.  Would be helpful to know max distance. Is it Lane's Cover to Rockport and return or significantly more?

I'm interested. Pru I sent a pm with a request. 

Al, I am more for shorter distances theses days so if you need to keep trip to RP and back that's good with me.

Thanks Dave.

Depending on conditions, I am good for somewhat further but just wanted a sense of what is happening. I expect to be at Lane's. As Prudence wrote, "We’ll do float plan info at launch."

Likely not significantly more, but as we will be hugging shoreline to avoid racers the distance will end up being longer.  If folks still have energy when we get back to Lanes after round trip to Rockport Harb we could head south for a bit toward mouth of Annisquam...

I'll join you at 8 AM but need to be off the water by noon because I am going to "The 39 Steps" at Gloucester Stage at 2:00 PM. Perhaps we can have a group that turns back sooner, if others want a shorter paddle also. And, if anyone wants to join me for the very funny play, you can shower at my place, .9 mile from Lanes Cove.

Liz