Membership renewal woes...

Pintail

This happens to me almost <every> year: I renew my membership -- with website navigational difficulty -- and then find that I have signed up for automatic renewals!  Sorry, everyone; but I dislike automatic renewals of any kind, preferring to think that I have full control, myself.  Why is navigation of our website so confoundedly tricky for the simple likes of me?

I think that the instructions leave something to be desired and I also think that it seems to be a case of "automatic" or nothing.  It seems to me, too, that I have read of others, recently, also having troubles in their efforts to renew, so it isn't just me.  Time for an overhaul?

In the good old days, I usually wrote a cheque and sent it to a PO box and that system never went wrong.  (Does anyone write cheques any more?)

We are aware that the forum does not offer a simple membership process like other organizations like MeetUp, but we are unfortunately stuck with what IPS (the forum creators) provide. The BOD will discuss what, if any, customizations might be implemented to the IPS system, but do not expect any miracles. 

In the meantime, anyone experiencing membership issues , including renewals, can email membership@nspn.org for assistance.

Pintail, you can actually cancel your recurring renewal in the STORE area of the forum. Just click on the MANAGE PURCHASES and find your membership in there. If you need assistance with that, please email us.  Payment by check is possible, however keep in mind that check payments take time to apply since it is a manual process. 

President Rob, I have been into the STORE and thence to MANAGE PURCHASES but still can find nowhere further to travel up that creek to cancel any automatic payments...

Additionally, that page of my history shows two payments each for 2015 and 2016; but I daresay that one was cancelled for each year?  That address that shows on that page, too, is an old one with no obvious way of modifying or editing it.  Oy, vey..

Interestingly, I also see on that page that I have been -- supposedly -- a member since 2006; but that was the one year I missed out on membership, I seem to remember!  I have, in fact, been around for <much> longer than that!  Mr. Crangle joined up soon after me.  Only Mr. Sylvester has been on board longer, I think.  Happy days, indeed!  And the water is getting warmer...

13 hours ago, Pintail said:

President Rob, I have been into the STORE and thence to MANAGE PURCHASES but still can find nowhere further to travel up that creek to cancel any automatic payments...

Once you are into the MANAGE PURCHASES section, click on the NSPN Annual Membership and you will see Billing Agreement at the lower left.  Click on that, and there are two options to the upper right: SUSPEND and CANCEL.  I honestly don't know the difference between the two, but assume that the Suspend will allow you to restart the billing agreement at some point in the future, while Cancel will indeed cancel it altogether.

Additionally, that page of my history shows two payments each for 2015 and 2016; but I daresay that one was cancelled for each year?

Yes, those payments were cancelled.

That address that shows on that page, too, is an old one with no obvious way of modifying or editing it.  Oy, vey..

Under the STORE tab, next to the MANAGE PURCHASES option is the MY DETAILS drop down menu where you can view and modify your addresses, as well as another avenue to get to your billing agreement (recurring payments).

Interestingly, I also see on that page that I have been -- supposedly -- a member since 2006; but that was the one year I missed out on membership, I seem to remember!  I have, in fact, been around for <much> longer than that!

It could be that, instead of renewing your old membership when you missed a year, a new profile was probably created in 2006, which in turn drives the "Member Since" date.  Unfortunately, the "Member Since" dates are driven my when a profile was created and we cannot change it.

Hi Rob

I can no longer message or email you on the site.

Or reply to trips. 

Buy I can reply here so hope you will get it. 

I think maybe it is because my check is in the post office awaiting foot and hand processes?

If you can't email me, you can text 978-533-9335.

Thank you for all your work on the site and helping members like me.

Sue