Woods Hole, Sunday 6/30

josko

Woods Hole tdes will be just right for a number of fun routes that day. Come prepared for a demanding day in 3+ knot currents, 3+' seas and hopefully 20 kts of wind.  We might try to get out to Middle Ground tiderace, go around Naushon island, or, in the unlikely event the wind turns NE, we can have a park-n-play day in Woods Hole. (See attachments). I would call this an NSPN level 4 trip.

On Saturday, 6/29, I'm running my annual AMC level 2 'Introduction to  Woods Hole' trip, where we'll avoid anything strenuous, but still get a chance to play in 6+kt current, albeit in very controlled conditions.  I'd call this NSPN level 2, except on one place we'll have a(n entirely avoidable) high current jet, and (tail)winds might pick up past 10 kts in the afternoon. 

Please let me know if planning to come to either trip, and p.m. me if you'd like a place to stay anytime that weekend. We have 4 guest bedrooms, plenty of sleeping bag space in the basement, and plenty of tenting space on the lawn. We'd be glad to feed y'all some local seafood. 

I think it's finally time to do this. Mel and I are loking forward to hosting. 

middleground91017.png

Saturday71517.png

woodshole9917.png

Edited by josko

Looks great, I would like to come both days. I can bring my tent if this is more convenient to you.

The 6/29 AMC trip is cancelled. :(  I'll still be paddling both days that weekend, so feel free to p.m. me if you'd like to come down either/both days.

I'll still do the same trip both days - only difference is let me know if you're coming (instead of the AMC). We're still looking forward to hosting.

Edited by josko

If I'm free that weekend, I'd love to do the L2 Woods Hole paddle.  Would that be 6/29?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW, it turned out to be a nice weekend. The threatened thundersdtorms held off until well after we got off the water each day. 

Friday: mellow sightseeing/fitness paddle down the Elizabeths.

Sat: 'A little bit of everything' intro. to Woods Hole. 

Sun: wildlife-watching paddle during slack tide  followed by a biot of technical current work. 

Hopefully everyone had a great time and maybe even learned a trick or two. 

Woodshole62819.jpg

Woodshole62919.jpg

Woodshome63019.jpg