Saturday, May 25 Odiorne to Rye Harbor Round Trip

prudenceb

Saturday, May 25 Memorial Day Wknd Food Destination Paddle - Odiorne to Rye Harbor Round Trip

Join us to celebrate the psychological start of summer (which we really need given that spring appears to be completely passing us by!) launching at Odiorne, lunching at Rye Harbor - where the lobster roll and hot dog stands will likely just be opening - and then returning to Odiorne.  The water will still be cold, so dry suits (or at very least wet suits) are required  - as is boat with bulkheads.  And spray skirts.  This beautiful coastal paddle can range from mild to wild depending on weather, wind and waves.  Rockhopping an option, as is a bit of surfing - if Wallis Sands Beach is not packed with people out enjoying what we hope will be a beautiful weekend in the weather department.  

Please note interest below.  If you have questions about the paddle or your appropriateness for it, please PM Janet. She willl be putting together float plan, so will need participants to provide the usual info: name, cell, e contact, boat description, car description.  

Since it's still over a week out, it's too early to even guess at conditions.  We will be monitoring the forecast.  If it is looking dicey, we will make a go/no go decision by Friday 5/24 midday.  In the meantime, let us know if you're on board!  This will not be a led trip.  Participants will have input and all will be expected to contribute to the safe running of the paddle commensurate with their skills.  As noted above, if you have any questions about this, PM Janet!

Info about specific launch time will be sent to those who sign up, although it will likely be no later than 10 am, with a return by 4 pm.

Janet Lorang and Prudence Baxter

Edited by prudenceb

Thanks for posting, Prudence! I'm really looking forward it.

Here's my user ID for those who don't have it -- JRL.

Please PM me with the float plan info above and hope to see you next weekend.

I'm in! Looking forward to it. Thanks for posting. Can't wait to show you my new boat, Pru. I think it actually fits me.

John

9 hours ago, mhabich said:

Interested, subject to approval by the masked man with a knife. Will know next Thursday. 

WOW!!!!  That would be wonderful, Mike!  Any paddle with a lobster roll but without Mike is just flat out WRONG!

Glad so many of you can make it!

If you haven’t already, please PM me your float plan info.

Also an FYI - looks like they *may* be enforcing a $5 launch fee by next weekend.

Thanks and looking forward to it!

Janet

Hi Jane

Yes still room for you but we will cap it there -- lucky 13!

If you haven't sent me your float plan info yet, please do. Will send details by midweek with launch time etc.

Oh darn, looks like I just missed the cutoff point... Let me know if you decide that 13 isn't a lucky enough number for you! (or put me on the waitlist!)

Edited by BethS

1 minute ago, mhabich said:

Just got my kayaking license back, but surf and rocks endorsement still on hold.  I'll see you guys Saturday.  Bring your tow belts.

Bravo!  Folks can tow the two of us!  We'll have a special pod for the lame and infirm.

1 hour ago, mhabich said:

Just got my kayaking license back, but surf and rocks endorsement still on hold.  I'll see you guys Saturday.  Bring your tow belts.

Yay! Great news, Mike.