Want to host a long-distance paddler?

Hi people,

I'm posting on behalf of Steve Chard, a British kayaker who is completing an almost-year-long solo circuit of the Eastern US by way of the St Lawrence, Mississippi, Gulf of Mexico and now the Eastern Seaboard. He's presently staying at my place in Marblehead and is on his way up through Ipswich Bay, NH and Maine, ultimately finishing his trip in Halifax NS.

Steve is looking for kind souls near the coast who are willing to put him up as he makes progress northeast from here. I can testify that he is a very considerate and thoughtful guest, and also one with many entertaining stories. (His years serving on a Royal Navy submarine may have contributed to both of these talents.) He says he will be grateful for a postage stamp of lawn to camp on, even if there is no guest room available.

If you are able and interested in helping Steve out, please PM me and I will connect you with him. Thanks!

You can find out more about Steve and his journey here: https://www.facebook.com/PaddleWithSteve/

--Joe