Want more Squam Lake or L2 camping trips?

Dan Foster

One thing I keep hearing over and over in our club is that our multi-day camping trips are really popular, to the point where they sometimes fill on the day that they are posted. The solution is clear - offer more camping trips, and encourage more club members to organize more camping trips.

I got my start organizing the Squam trip when another club trip passed the reins to me, which allowed them to go on to start some additional trips. I'm perfectly happy continuing to organize the annual fall Squam Lake trip, but I realize that this lake-based trip is a perfect opportunity for someone else to get comfortable with organizing a camping trip without some of the complexities that come with an ocean trip. So, if anyone out there has been thinking about leading trips but isn't sure they're ready to take the plunge, I'll make the following offer: you'll get a guaranteed spot on this year's Squam trip (this trip is one that tends to fill almost immediately) and we'll work together on the rest of the organizational details for the 2019 trip (the camping site is already reserved, so this really just involves sending out a group email, and proposing some activities based on the weather we get). You'll take the reins in 2020, and I'll be available for help (and will probably attend). I'll commit to launching a new club camping trip in 2020.

Reply here or send me a Private Message if you're interested. There's been talk about starting a second Squam trip earlier in the season, so if more than one person is interested, we can work together and offer multiple lake camping trips.