Grape Island in Boston Harbor June 2018

RBailey

A quick description of this June paddle.  

On Friday June 29th, we launched out of Houghs Neck Maritime Center and paddled over to Grape. After setting camp we did a short spin around Grape and Slate islands and ended up on the south shore of Hull and Spinnaker island and ended with a 5-6 mile circuit. Upon return to camp we were please to learn that we could build a fire on the beach below the tidal line so we cooked beans and weenies while the sunset behind the Boston skyline.

On Saturday we did a larger loop across Hingham Bay and through the Hull Gut (which I would not recommend doing on a Saturday) and the around Peddocks.  We stopped at Portuguese cove and swam for a while...chill but doable.  We completed the loop back to the Maritime Center for total of about 9 miles.  

Boston Harbor is such a great resource that NSPN made me more aware of.  In 2019 I think I may paddle from my house near Mystic lake and camp on Lovells.  That would be 15 miles one ways so will need to get fit again.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/rrb-precat/J66pUg