(Pre) Easter Plunge Saturday April 20th

rfolster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert,

Would you please post a picture of your square waves sea state. I'm curious too.

I'd love to join you all but doesn't sound like the weather would justify a five hour drive from Plattsburgh NY.  Hoist one for me at the PPPO.

Cheers

Karen

I can't join you all tomorrow, but I'll be wearing bunny ears in solidarity. Here's a custom chart of your paddling locations. NSPN Chart Great Misery and Manchester Bay.pdf

Since this is the first club paddle of the year for most of us, it's a good time to re-read the NSPN liability waiver before you sign a soggy version of it tomorrow. Have a great paddle - looking forward to photos!

22 hours ago, rfolster said:

What I like to call "square waves" when height = period

image.png

I am really curious to see what the sea state looks like near the beach!!!  The waves won't be six feet, but what will they be.  Anyone want to start taking guesses?

My guess:  I predict 2 foot waves at West Beach - smaller in the Northeast corner where all the seaweed is.  I think there's enough outside the beach to knock down most of the 6 feet.

Hey, I wanted to drop a quick note to say thanks for the trip yesterday.  I learned some stuff and had some fun.  It was great meeting y'all and paddling with. you  I'd loved it out in those waves and can't wait to do it again.  Yesterday's trip was just the right level to build a more confidence without biting off too much

Happy Easter (and Passover),

Ken

This was a wonderful early season paddle with a variety of conditions and opportunities.  The group was fantastic.

Surf launch and landing, navigation in fog,  gear tests,  downwind paddling, self and assisted rescues were all on the menu.

Thanks Rob for organizing.