NSPN Cabin Fever Party, Sat Jan 26 6pm Gould Barn Topsfield, MA

prudenceb

Xth Annual NSPN Winter Party

aka Cabin Fever Party Saturday January 26 2019 6 pm Gould Barn Topsfield, MA

to be preceded by the club's annual meeting at 5 pm

OK, we've all hopefully survived the holidays and stepped confidently into the new year.  While it hasn't gotten too cold or snowy yet, all that may be just around the corner!  So it's time to turn our thoughts to NSPN's annual winter bash.  We wll return this year to the Gould Barn.  This year's party will have a total emphasis on food, drink and socializing!  We have decided to give the raffle a break this year to allow more time for folks to enjoy each others' company.

So bring yourselves, a spouse if you like and some fabulous food (and a beverage - adult or otherwise - of your choice) and enjoy the company of your fellow (and gal!) paddlers.

The party will start with appetizers (assuming someone signs up to bring!) and drinks at 6 pm.  It will be preceded by the annual business meeting, where members will have a chance to hear about the past year, the financial status of the club, initiatives the BOD is considering, and will also be able to weigh in with ideas about how to make our club even better going forward.  Our president, Rob Folster, will be posting separately about the annual meeting.

So let us know if you're coming and what youll be bringing!

Your Psrty Tsarinas,

Prudence and Janice

Book Swap at the Winter Party

There's not going to be a raffle at this year's party, but there's still a way for you to come home with some new (to you) kayaking swag! Stop by the Book Swap table at any time during the evening, and pick out some new reading material to help pass the long winter nights away from the water.

The book swap is open to everyone - you don't need to bring a book to participate. Everyone is encouraged to go through their bookshelves and bring Books and DVDs only that you are finished enjoying and that you feel other NSPN members could benefit from. Please limit your donations to books and DVDs on subjects related to paddling, the outdoors, New England, and adventure. Feel free to slap a post-it note on the cover with a recommendation, if you like. Add your books and DVDs to the table when you get to the party, and check out the offerings throughout the evening.

Anything on the table is up for grabs - take what you want. At the end of the night, if something you brought is still there, take it back home. I'll round up everything that's left at the end of the night and either save it for a future swap, or dispose of it appropriately.

We are discussing other ways to members to easily donate, sell, lend, or borrow gear within our club's network of paddlers. Please find me at the party to learn more.

Address and parking info for the Gould Barn, since I always have to look it up:

Gould Barn - 1 Howlett St, Topsfield, Massachusetts

Parking is limited to the 11 spaces in the Emerson Center lot labeled Gould Barn Parking and the 2 spaces on the grounds labeled Capen House Parking. Additional parking is available on the street nearby.

I added info about parking and the book swap at the top of the post:

I'll be bringing Rum Balls to help pass the time during the Annual Meeting. :)

If anyone wants to carpool from west of Boston, I'm happy to pick up on 495 at Market Basket in Westford or Littleton and drive.

Looking forward to it. I will bring spinach salad and beer. The book swap is a great idea, Dan.

Thanks heavens that our party wasn't scheduled for last night!  So fingers crossed for good weather next Saturday.  We're hoping for a good turnout - both for the club's annual meeting at 5:00 and the party thereafter.

Let us know what you're bringing and be prepared for plenty of time for mellow conversations about last and upcoming year, for enjoying a slideshow that will run in the background, and for good food and drink.

And don't forget to bring any kayak related books that you no longer need for our first annual book swap!

Hoping to see lots of you there!

Prudence and Janice, your party tsarinas!