Walden Wednesday (Plan-B White Pond) - August 29th, 2018

billvoss

This is the last Walden session I put on the calendar.  Mainly because I'm scheduled to drive to Maine next Wednesday.

Based on the hot weather forecast, this might be the first Wednesday of the year that Walden is "closed for capacity" and Plan-B applies.

I'm improved but know I'm still sick because I don't feel like rolling my kayak.  I'm also still coughing and blowing my nose.

My bottom line is I'm probably not attending this week.  Have fun without me.

Looks like the "final" Walden was the first Walden of 2018 where they closed the park for capacity.

Walden Pond State Reservation @waldenpondstate Aug 29

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 6:05pm. Walden Pond is closed for capacity to all incoming visitors for the night. No walk-ins or drop-offs allowed. We will resume regular hours of 5am-7:30pm tomorrow.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 3:50pm: Walden Pond is closed for capacity to all incoming visitors. Walking in or dropping off is not allowed. Reopening at 5:30pm, at which time parking will be limited.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 10:05am. Walden Pond is closed for capacity to all incoming visitors. Walking in or dropping off is not allowed. Reopening at 1:30pm, at which time space will be limited.

Good year everyone.  There might be more informal Walden gatherings in September, but the "calendar" events are now finished, and I will be in Maine this coming week.