Woods Hole area

josko

Not sure where to put this, so here goes:

Mel and I would love to match up with NSPN'ers and show off our favorite area.  FWIW, here are our plans for this weekend:

Friday: WH to Cuttyhunk, wait for the SW seabreeze, and downwind surf back to WH

Sat: if the SW 10-20 forecast holds, ideal conditions for tiderace play off Nobska point in the morning; I'll heal my sore parts in the afternoon, while Mel wants to put some miles on her new surfski.

Sun: Downwind run from Bourne (bridge) to Woods Hole

We'd love to see NSPN'ers come down for some of these fun trips, but not sure how to go about actually organizing a trip. Any insight welcome, and if you feel like coming down this weekend, let me know; there's most likely an extra bedroom or two at my house. 

That's a generous offer, Josko and Mel !

I wish I could come but have other plans this weekend. Maybe another time when the tides and winds align to such fun conditions.

To post a trip, you have to be an NSPN member and can then officially post it in the Trip section.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Jason & Mel for these trip proposals, if I didn’t already have weekend paddling plans in Maine, I would have gladly joined you both.  Maybe next time.

Best, Sue 

Here's how this weekend turned out:

Day 1: 25mile  'peaceful crank' down the Elizabeths'; 

day181718.png.4dc92149212b389cf12f9c85c3a58db1.png

Day 2: a techie tiderace and some roling day281818.png.e176f8dcfb4f1e56476687d9fb2037bd.png

Day 3, a 15 mile  F5 downwind run day381918.thumb.png.21a607b77be8d7be6fb24e012ce30bd8.png 

I continue to be amazed at the sheer versaitlity of paddling tis area offers.  Visotors welcome.

Been too long since I have been there and keeping it in mind. Will be trying for this fall if only for a one day trip. 

Did you take onshore breaks on you trips? Looks like some and why the different colors on the gps track?

thanks,

Paul, we'd love to see you come by anytime. FWIW,  Paula, Greg, Ciro, James and maybe Rick are coming by Sept 7-9 for a spring tide weekend annual Woods Hole visit. Should be fun, especially if we don't loose Ciro again. ?.  Check with Greg, but we'd love to see you that weekend. If that doesn't work, just let us know when does, and you are welcome to stay over.

On the GPS track, color is speed; on the topplot, yellow is where a headwind popped up; on the bottom one , both Mel and I needed breathers, so periodically we'd drift for a minute.  We tend to not stop ashore so much when paddling, but there are plenty of places to do so.