Odiorne Point - Monday, July 9

Jeff Charette

Join me for a leisure paddle along the NH coast. Launch at 10:00am from Odiorne Point, Route 1A in Rye, NH. From there we will paddle out through Little Harbor and head down the NH coast, stopping at Rye Harbor for lunch. At Rye Harbor there are a few options to purchase lunch, or you can chose to bring your own. Return to Odiorne Point after lunch. Expect to be off the water around 3:30 - 4:00pm.

HT - 8:00am       LT - 2:00pm

This trip is open to all NSPN members of all skill levels, including those who are new to sea kayaking.  Along with getting out on the water and having fun, this trip will be designed to be another opportunity for new sea kayakers to enjoy an ocean experience. Minimum requirements to join this trip are a sea kayak, 14 feet or longer, with bulkheads, pfd, proper immersion clothing for 60 degree ocean water. You should be comfortable doing a wet exit and assisted reentry. If you need assistance with any of the required gear please feel free to contact me.

This trip is dependent on conditions and if conditions appear to be beyond the skill level of the group I will alter the plan accordingly. Please post below to indicate your interest in joining or if you have any questions. 

As with all NSPN trips, trip waivers are necessary for all participants. I will have a few copies available to sign prior to launch. Please plan your arrival time to be ready for a 10:00am launch.

Have fun.  Sorry my kayak doesn't have any bulkheads. :kayak-surfer:

I probably would have asked for a bulkhead exemption, but getting up two and a half hours earlier than normal was just a wee bit too early for me this week.