Lake Umbagog kayak camping, Oct 5-8, 2018

gyork

It’s been >10 years since I posted an NSPN trip to Umbagog, one of my first trip postings.  Lets return and enjoy northern Maine paddling amongst Mother Nature’s fall splendor, while staying at a group campsite (#13; http://www.nhstateparks.org/uploads/pdf/Umbagog-Remote_Campground-Map.pdf) on Lake Umbagog (um-BAY-gog).  We’ll launch on the Androscoggin River, upstream from Errol, above the dam, and mosey to our campsite:  https://www.gaiagps.com/datasummary/track/8a3cb6bf-fa8e-4314-bbe9-53e53646c52d/ 

Lots of shoreline to explore, including the lower Rapid River.  Some may wish to hike along the Rapid River all the way to Lower Richardson Lake, passing Pond in the River, the setting of Louise Dickinson Rich's classic book “We took to the Woods”.  Limit 12; carpooling encouraged for this long drive.  Your paypal (gyorkattdsdotnet) payment of $30 guarantees your place fireside.  RSVP on NSPN calendar AFTER submitting your payment please. 

gary

IMGP0110.thumb.jpg.ffee2cb0577cf7f5dbe84dbaedc4198f.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there still any spots open? There is about a 75% chance that I will be free to join you all, BUT I probably wouldn't be able to arrive until Sat. (working Friday until noonish) AND, I won't know for certain until Wed or Thursday if I can go... (Grr, sometimes work sucks!) Having said all this, can I be on a "just in case there is room" list ? I'd be fine with paddling out solo on Sat to meet you all on Sat evening. This is a beautiful area, esp this time of year!

Hello,

This is Yong's wife. I have not gotten any messages from him since he left for this trip Thursday. Figured he's ok but since no news whatsoever, wondering if he's ok, lost his iphone, whether he's headed down home now...

Thanks for any input,

Allison

Just got a quick report that everyone is fine and they are on their way home (maybe after a stop for a bite to eat).  Cell service up there was hit or miss.