Walden Wednesday (Plan-B White Pond) - May 23rd, 2018

billvoss

Wednesdays at Walden is on the calendar for 2018 from May 23rd through August 29th, though it may keep going even longer.  See the calendar entry for details.

Unless the weather looks like Thunder, I currently plan to attend the May 23rd session.

Are others interested in going to Comella’s after the first session?

Assuming good weather, I plan to be there on the 23rd, and would enjoy going to Comella's after. I'll withhold my official RSVP until we get closer to the date, however.

Speaking of Walden and good weather, it's supposed to be 85 degrees out on Wednesday, May 2nd. I'd be up for a pond or river paddle in the area that afternoon (maybe with less emphasis on rolling until the water temp catches up with the air temp), if anyone else is interested.

I'm hoping to do the 23rd at Walden as well. Dan, for Wednesday, 5/2, may I suggest Lake Gardner in Amesbury in the afternoon? Easy access from 495...I'd be up for that.

• 4 weeks later...

I walked around Walden this morning.  Sure looked appealing!  I chatted with one of the swimmers about water temp.  She guessed low 60’s.  Except for Bill, who always wears drysuit (!), looks as though wetsuit with appropriate top will suffice.

I'm planning on being there this Wednesday the 23rd, likely around 4ish - or earlier if others want to gather mid afternoon.  No, Jonathan and Kelsey, I'm not up for 6 am yet.  Let's let things warm up first!  And could,it be a day other than Wednesday?  Like...Tuesday maybe?

Prudence

It currently looks like I will be LATE on May 23rd, and there is a chance I won't make it at all.  I have contractors starting work on Wednesday and I am not certain what time they will quit for the day.

I will bring my drysuit Pru, though I might wear shorts and a T-shirt under it!

Nancy, if you'll be there at 3:30, so will I!

Remember, everyone:  liability waivers now need to be signed for all nspn events including Walden.  Because we all tend to launch at different times, EVERYONE SHOULD BRING HER/HIS OWN WAIVER FORM, fill out and sign, and Bill or I will collect at end of session.  My recommendation:  print out a bunch of them and just have them in your car.

Oh yes, and Comelia's in Concord Center after for a quick supper.  Hopefully all ponders will be able to join us!

Prudence

13 hours ago, JRL said:

If I show up after work at 5:30, will everyone already be ready for pasta?

According to twitter:

The boat ramp closes half an hour before the park, we usually get off the water half an hour before the boat ramp closes.  So this Wednesday we will be getting off the water around 6:30pm so that everyone is out of the boat ramp parking area before it closes at 7pm. 

After the long weekend, Walden will probably close at 8pm so we will start getting off the water at 7pm to be out before 7:30pm.

Edited by billvoss

I plan to get there before 4 and stay for pasta afterwards. Nancy, any chance I could try out your wing paddle for a spin around the pond, either tomorrow or at a future session? I can offer a Canada goose decoy as collateral.

1 hour ago, Dan Foster said:

I plan to get there before 4 and stay for pasta afterwards. Nancy, any chance I could try out your wing paddle for a spin around the pond, either tomorrow or at a future session? I can offer a Canada goose decoy as collateral.

Sure, Dan. I will put it in my car now, so I don't forget it.

Not to be annoying...although I acknowledge I probably am - but again... please everyone bring your filled out and signed liability wavers.  Print out a bunch.  Put them in your car so you'll have them for future escapades.  Bill or Dan or I will collect.  Thanks.