Pinniped Kayak updates for 2018 Season

Hello NSPN Folks, The complete Pinniped Kayak course schedule can be found on our website.  Highlights can be found in the newsletter below.

IMG_0291 copy.JPG

Today feels like spring! (Update - I put this on my site a couple weeks ago - today actually feels like the miserable depths of winter!)  And while a paddling friend didn't quite succeed in tempting me away from my kitchen renovation to join him on the river this afternoon, I'm definitely having a hard time keeping my mind off paddling these days!  Spring will be here before long, and with it, all kinds of adventures on the water.  I hope you all have big plans this year, and I hope to share a paddling day with you at some point.  

Among our varied course offerings this year, here are a few highlights:

• Whitewater for Sea Kayakers, to hone your rough water skills, and get a flavor for our other favorite paddling realm.
  • Two "3-Day Paddler Development Intensives" - sort of a soup-to-nuts instructional revue, making use of the best training venues that the MDI region has to offer.  
  • Offerings appropriate for those who are getting started, or have been paddling for a while but have not had a lot of previous instruction.  Refine your fundmentals, with me, with Mark Schoon, or with Gordo Wissinger in these courses ranging from half-day clinics to a 3-day journey.  
  • Leadership courses at a variety of levels, with everything from navigation workshops, to training for guides, and BCU Sea Leader Training.
  • Journeys from 1 to 4 days, in areas ranging from the islands of Stonington to some of Maine's most challenging sections of coastline downeast.

If you have questions, course requests, or any equipment needs for the new season, feel free to call or email me to discuss them.

IMG_2516.jpg

Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your winter!

Nate