Return to the seacoast and a (renewed) intro

ToddG

Hello, all, and happy new year! I wanted to introduce myself as a (somewhat) new resident in the NH seacoast region looking for paddling opportunities with like-minded folks. 

My name is Todd Guerdat. We moved to Exeter many moons ago, then headed inland for several years. We're back in Exeter and the need for time on the water is burning a hole in my drysuit. I am less the type that likes to play in the rock gardens and more of the exploring ilk, looking to escape the daily noise and get into the experience of paddling. I paddle a P&H Quest - she's been my trusty favorite since 2005 when I first paddled her new, and we have logged too many miles to count from the Outer Banks to Lake Pontchatrain, the many lakes in the Adirondacks to Great Bay and the Rye coast, and cruising the Long Island Sound along the Connecticut shoreline. My favorite spots to paddle, however, have been the Georgian Bay in Ontario, and Tasmania. I started off my life as a whitewater paddler, but after meeting my maker several years in a row, I transitioned to surf and sea kayaking. 

I enjoy remote camping whenever possible, and am always up for an impromptu paddle. I work in Durham and can be somewhat flexible for a trip when conditions are right, but weekends and summer trips are always easiest. My kids and wife also love kayaking, but we keep it a bit more low key for them. We have been exploring Umbagog Lake and have fallen in love with the remote camp sites and unbelievable serenity out there first thing in the morning.

I know it's a bit chilly to be thinking about hitting the water currently (2 F and a steady 15 mph off the water!), but I've been sitting idly too long and need to prime the pump. So, as trip ideas and daily excursions come up, I'll be jumping in if there is space for the likes of a new NSPN member. 

Thanks to all for keeping the paddling spirit alive. I'm looking forward to meeting folks over the next year. 

Cheers!

ToddG

20170902_081338.jpg

20170715_085844.jpg