Potential Trip on Sunday January 21st

JohnMonroe

John Haile and I are interested in getting on the water in January. Sunday January 21st is the date that works for us. [And we have a hunch it will be a calm, beautiful day with robin’s-egg-blue skies.] 

While I am happy to be the organizer, the trip will depend on weather (of course) and a critical mass of experienced paddlers for planning and on the water. 

Location TBD, but I’m thinking somewhere between Cape Ann and Odiorne Point. 

My goal is to be comfortable and safe, yet push my gear and skills a bit in these chilly conditions. 

Ideally, we’ll convene afterwards to warm up with hot food and cold beer. 

If interested, please reply here. 

I’ve created a float plan spreadsheet on Google Docs. If you are interested, let me know and I’ll PM or email you a link. Obviously, we are ALL weather dependent right up until we launch, but it makes my life easier to have the float plan ready-to-go in advance. 

Questions and comments? Post them here, or PM me. 

Weather 7 days out looks favorable for Sunday the 21st: temps in low 30s mid-morning rising to low 40s, winds from SW in low teens gusting to mid-20s. HT is 1320. 

We’re proposing 10am launch from Odiorne Point with return between 2 and 3 at the latest. Route to be determined by conditions and group skills and preferences. 

If interested, please PM or email me for the link to the float plan on Google Sheets. 

Post-paddle food and drink at The Atlantic Grill in Rye. 

Edited by JohnMonroe