Storm Cag

SeaKayakNE

Hi, Jonathan,

I have the Reed Pullover Cag in blue and black, and it's great. Covers me down past my knees, has a hood with a stiffened visor, and a big, roomy (and comfy) fleece-lined pocket. The wrists can be tight, but I stretched them the same way I've stretched the wrists on my drysuit. In a pinch, it would work as a changing robe. It also packs up small enough to fit in a dry bag.The only reason I didn't have it at the Rendezvous was because  I'd a forgotten it.:(

I ordered mine from Sherri Perry and Turner Wilson's website: kayakways.com. They are Reed dealers.

Deb

I've always wondered if a sil-nylon version of a storm cag would be effective. It would be totally waterproof, pack down really small, depending on the amount of fuzzy you put in the pockets and hood. Wouldn't be breathable, but it's typically used as a wind block layer during breaks, or as an extra layer on the water for a cold challenged paddler, and usually over an existing waterproof/breathable layer. So maybe just a long zipper (backed up with velcro) starting under the chin to provide venting would suffice. Throw in a plush hand warmer pocket, thin neoprene cuffs at the wrists, light lining in the hood for comfort, and you might have a compact cag, about the size of a baseball. Wouldn't be any good for preventing a thermos from knocking around a day hatch, but nothing is perfect.